Creating An Emotional Connection in Brand Marketing
In this video post, Jim Rose, Head of Global Marketing at InterSystems, talks to Adams Turinas, the CEO and Founder of healthlaunchpad about their approach to Brand Marketing. Jim talks about the importance of creating an emotional connection.
Brand Marketing – Three Keys to Creating an Emotional Connection
- Recognize that your customers may have little or no emotional connection with your solution
- They do have an emotional connection with the outcomes of your solution
- Determine what that emotional connection is to them, what matters to them, and build your brand marketing strategy around that outcome.
#1. Brand Marketing & Emotional Connection
Sharing about their brand marketing strategy, Jim begins by explaining how people do not have an emotional connection to the software they make. This is because Intersystems’ solutions run on top of other systems. It’s invisible to them.
The only people who understand their software are in the purchasing department. The rest of their company has absolutely no connection with their software.
And so Jim equates their software to a water heater in your house. You know it is there but you do not really care about it because you have no emotional connection with it. You only care about it when it doesn’t work.
#2. Creating Strong Emotional Connection
In Illustrating emotional creation as a brand promotion strategy, Jim gives a practical illustration using a bath shower water heater.
You have no emotional connection with your water heater, but you have a strong emotional connection to taking a hot shower on a cold day.
If people have no emotional connection with the healthcare software you offer or your healthcare product, focus on creating a very strong emotional connection to the software’s outcomes.
As an example, how the doctors are able to make the right decisions. The outcome can also be on how your solution assists in the patients’ recovery and helps them to live happier lives.
#3. Focus On Outcomes & Keep It Simple
So when building a brand, focus on how beneficial its outcomes will be to your target customers or users.
It is very important that when crafting your brand messaging, you keep it simple and with less technical terms.
Brand Marketing – Emotional Connection Video
Other Relevant & Insightful Links:
- Integration of Sales & Marketing
- Brand Consolidation Approach In Healthcare Marketing
- Brand Positioning In Healthcare Marketing
- Building a Brand From Inside Out
- Healthcare B2B Social Media Marketing
- Brand Marketing Strategy & Emotional Connection
- Account-based Marketing & Social Media Marketing
- Empathy-based Marketing Approach