How ABM Can Boost Your SDRs
SDRs are critical to the success of your ABM program. Conversely, a well-executed ABM strategy can turbo-charge your SDRs’ productivity.
In these three short videos, my great friend Ben Person, a martech entrepreneur and the former CMO of Nuvolo, explains why ABM, and SDRs are Important to each other and how ABM can change the way SDRs work.
Ben should know. In 2020, he led Nuvolo’s marketing transformation from a more traditional B2B Marketing model to a fully scaled up ABM model. This included implementing Terminus, hiring an ABM specialist and iteratively refining their approach to a highly effective model closely tied to revenue.
One of the big changes Ben made that seemed controversial at the time was for the SDR team to report to marketing. While this may seem counterintuitive, as in most organizations, SDRs report to sales, and this change was critical to the success of their ABM model. It also helped the ABMs perform better.
1. Why SDRs are Critical to the Success of ABM
2. How ABM Changes the Way SDRs Work
3. What Impact Does ABM on SDRs
In a recent case study, we reviewed the ABM Journey of one of our clients. This included turning on intent data with the SDRs. This transformed the way they work.
In the first week of the pilot, an SDR saw that one of the company’s largest customers was showing high intent for RPM. The SDR reached out to the account executive who managed this account, and they reached out to the person in charge. This telehealth executive told them they were about to initiate a search for a new solution and would be included in this.
This early win galvanized the SDR team. Since then, the SDR team started their day by looking at this intent dashboard.
In another post, we dove deep into this topic and why SDRs and ABM are like PB&J Sandwiches.
SDRs have much more control over the process. It feels like a more deliberate 5-step approach.
- Start by building targeted brand awareness.
- Get the best-fit accounts engaged through digital channels
- Use intent data to determine who is in-market
- Score them based on engagement with your content
- When they show enough intent, have your SDRs pursue them using the intent data gathered throughout the process.
Can We Help You?
If you are interested and when you are ready, we can help you on your ABM journey. Here are some ways to get started:
- Check out more posts like this in the Healthtech Marketing Learning Center. It is chock-full of articles, use cases, how-to’s, and ideas to get you started on your ABM journey.
- Follow me or connect with me on LinkedIn. I publish videos and articles on ABM and healthtech marketing.
- Work with me directly. Let’s book a growth session and we can explore ways you can improve your marketing using the latest techniques in account-based marketing.